I was challenged by my mom do post 3 things I am thankful for each day, for 5 days.
I love taking the time to be thankful, in fact I think it is life changing to practice gratitiude every day.
here are mine, I hope they encourage you to take a little time to give thanks
My mom. Karen Mayer, challenged me to 5 days of Gratitude. So I will be listing 3 things each day for the next 5 days that I am thankful for
1) my relationship with God. I believe in a gracious and loving God and that relationship has been a constant in my life for as long as I can remember. It brings me comfort and direction and I am certain I bring him laughter and more than an occasional head shake.
2) Freedom. Freedom is never free. I am grateful for all the men and womenwho have stepped forward with courage, strong conviction and selflessness to raise awareness that no one is free until we are all free.
3) Vulnerability. Life is hard. Being vulnerable and open is even more challenging. I am thankful for every person who is open and honest and vulnerable as they are the ones who light the path. Life is not about competition, but rather connection. We connect when we allow ourselves to be vulnerable. And to all of those young, old, far, near I am grateful for their example as an on going whisper to be true and honest and not hide behind what I "should" be.
Gratitude Challenge Day #2
1) I am thankful for my spiritual self. It is the part of me that keeps me grounded yet searching. Secure in who I am and open to the constant journey of becoming MORE of who I am. It is my connection to not only being strong in MY truth, but always looking to grow in THE truth.
2) I am thankful for my emotional self. I am a feeler. I am guided by my gut, my instinct, my heart. They have served me well in my life and I have grown to embrace them as a true strength simply because it is who I am.
3) My physical self. I believe that my physical self is a manifestation of the acceptance of my spiritual and emotional self. The more I say yes to who I really am the greater comfort I have in this physical body. It has been a journey and a battle my entire life to not judge myself by what I see. Today, I have great appreciation for a physical self that supports me in living my purpose.
Day #3 of Gratitude
1) Elizabeth Liz): We always say that Elizabeth was born a person. She came out with the personality of a grown up and oh those, eyebrows! I have never had to raise my voice or discipline her, she made the entry into "mom hood" easy and joyful and peaceful. I admire her passion, focus, work ethic and am particularly proud and grateful to call her my friend
2) Will:the smile that will always melt my heart. Watching him on the field or ice always makes me proud of his ability to be a strong competitor and a shining example of sportsmanship. As my emotional twin, it will always be your sweet heart and soul that make me thankful for you in my life.
3) James: there is something that you appreciate when you know it is the last time. From the last first day of Kindergarten to the last first day of Senior year, as the youngest he has brought me so much perspective and joy. I am thankful for the "James' smirk", the example of loyalty to friends and teammates, and the happiness I get just from being in the same room.
I am most grateful to and for my children as they have formed me into the person I am. I was born to your mom. I am so grateful for that opportunity. I would never have the depth and fullness in my life if it were not for you. XO
Day #4 of Gratitude
1) my parents: I am thankful for parents who instilled the importance of family, hard work and love by example. They are an inspiration as they celebrate 50 years of marriage and provide a solid base of support in their role as Grammy and GPa to their grandchildren.
2) the Mayer family: my brother, along with my grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins and their families were such a large part of my growing up and I am so thankful for a family life that was warm, loving, supportive and continues to be such a positive part of my life
3) the BFFs, Girls, Ladies. Partners in Crime: I am so grateful for a small but mighty group of friends. We have been together thru births, deaths, weddings, divorces, laughter and tears. I am thankful for these bonds that continue to grow more precious every day. The opportunity to laugh and cry within the same minute is a gift to not be taken lightly.
Day #5 of Gratitude
I am suppose to finish this off with my last 3.
Not a huge believer in rules, so here is my last day with more than 3 things I am grateful for:
1) my puppies, Gracie and Frank: I am grateful for their love and companionship and all the joy they bring to me
2) my job: I love what I do and am so grateful to the people who believe in me and give me the opportunity to truly live my passion
3) yoga: I resisted you for so long I am grateful for a practice that allows me to calm the voices and open me to the beauty of being
4) Books, Baths and Wine: the joy and comfort of sitting in a bubble bath with a book and glass of wine is almost unmatched. Such gratitude for a life of simple comforts that not everyone gets to experience. Hot water, the gift of reading, the luxury of time and extravagance of wine. It reminds me of how grateful I am to be born into a time and place of such opportunity.
5) Ben and Alex: thank you for accepting me into the family and letting me be your friend. I appreciate and am grateful for how you have embraced me and the kiddos, and more vegetables and candles in the house
6) Tom: always an adventure and never a dull moment. I am thankful that every day, thru the good times and the struggles, we both still choose US. And that you like to make the bed and clean the kitchen
Go ahead and start your list!
change your little corner of the world
if you are looking for daily inspirtation on a great business and a great life be sure to come hang with us on Facebook. RIGHT HERE